Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Hopes For This Site

With this blog, which I am hoping to run next year if the class decides to re-elect me, I plan to inform the people of everything going on with student government.  By the way, if I'm not re-elected, I'd be more than happy to relinquish the website information to the next president, that way he/she can use it as a tool to help our wonderful class.

Senior year is a year where a lot of decision making must take place.  We must come up with a senior trip idea, plan it, price it, and fundraise for it.  This alone is a huge reason for the website.  I'd love to announce to our class the different prices we are coming up with, the ideas we are coming up with, the fundraisers we will be doing, the results of meeting with Mr. Sanelli or Mr. Schwab, etc.

My hopes for this year's senior trip (you may all know what trip I have in mind) is to keep it inexpensive and fun.  There are going to be a ton of things that parents are going to have to pay for senior year.  I think that it'll be difficult to ask them toward the end of the year to once again dish out over a thousand dollars for a 3 or 4 day trip.  My hope was to expand it to five days and to keep it under a thousand dollars, that way it's fun and organized and it's cheap, so families who are having a harder time finding the money to pay for trips are able to and so that if someone does a fundraiser, he/she can knock down the price a significant measure. 

I also want to keep multimedia on the site.  Meghan Wood has done an excellent job as our historian.  I would love to have her be able to post the pictures onto the site and post the videos.  I'd also love to put a way where you could upload your own pictures to the site, so Meghan can use them in the videos and so that we can have an awesome photo album, comprised with a bunch of pictures, for every one to be able to see and, in a way, experience our senior year, as we do. 

Really, my primary goal behind this site is to make your senior year better and easier.  I want to streamline information to you more easily and I want you to use the comments section to comment on ideas that I share. I want your opinions too.  I want this year to be a year for the people, because that is what senior year is all about.  

It's hard for me to write this, because in a way it makes me sad, but it's our one last journey together.  It's our last chance to grow together as a class, it's our last chance to befriend someone we wouldn't usually, it's our last chance to have awesome times on field trips together.  It's the last ride really.  So my hope is that I am able to do whatever I can to ensure that our class of soon-to-be seniors have an absolutely fantastic senior year and that I can plan the year out according to their desires. 

-John Miceli


No comments:

Post a Comment